Notice of Election for Upper Spittal Ward
25 July 2018
NOTICE OF ELECTION
NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY COUNCIL
ELECTION OF PARISH / TOWN COUNCILLORS
Parish/Town / Number of Councillors to be Elected
BERWICK UPON TWEED (UPPER SPITTAL WARD) / ONE
1. Nomination papers must be hand delivered, having booked a prior appointment for doing so, to the Elections Office at Northumberland County Council at the address below during normal working hours Monday to Friday 9am - 4.30pm (excluding Bank Holidays) after the date of this notice, but not later than 4.00pm on 2 August 2018. Electronic service of documents is not acceptable.
2. Nomination papers may be obtained from the Elections Office, at the address below during the times stated above.
3. If the Election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday 30 August 2018.
4. Applications for postal and for postal proxies and for amendments or cancellations of postal or proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the address below by 5.00pm on 14 August 2018.
5. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Elections Office at the address below, by 5.00pm on 21 August 2018.
6. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Elections Office at the address below by 5.00pm on 30 August 2018. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5.00pm on 21 August 2018. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5.00pm on 21 August 2018.
Dated: 25 July 2018
Tel: 01670 624811
Printed and published by the Returning Officer Elections Office County Hall Morpeth Northumberland NE61 2EF