County Council Services
Most of the essential day-to-day services in and around Berwick are the responsibility of Northumberland County Council, which can be contacted on 0345 600 6400; there is also a Customer Service point in the library building on Walkergate.
Transfer of some services to the Town Council is being planned, but at present the Town Council does not deal with the following: click for links to the County Council.
- To report a MISSED BIN COLLECTION click here.
- For issues regarding STREET LIGHTING click here.
- To report a POT HOLE click here.
- For CAR PARKING PERMITS click here.
- For TAXI LICENSING click here.
- For PLANNING click here.
- For the ELECTORAL ROLL click here.
- For BUILDING CONTROL click here.
- General Needs housing
- Supported housing
- Care & Repair services providing home improvements, home adaptations and handyperson services
- Care & Support services including provision of personal care
- Shared Ownership housing for sale
Citizens Advice Northumberland
National Rail Network.
Public Transport Information, for the North East and Cumbria
(Plan travel by bus, train, coach, ferry or underground).
Berwick Hoppa Bus.
Northumberland County Council's 'Free Parking For All - Berwick Information Pack' can be found here.
The following information can be accessed via Northumberland County Council website.
- Licences and street trading
- Business rates
- Trading standards
- Business support and advice
- Commercial property
- Health and safety
- Business Support
- Premises Availability
Berwick-upon-Tweed Conservation Area Advisory Group (CAAG)
The Berwick-upon-Tweed Conservation Area Advisory Group (CAAG) was created in 1999 to oversee a range of partnership projects in the borough's conservation areas. It has delivered a number of heritage regeneration schemes since then through a combined grant programme using English Heritage, County and Borough Council funds. This includes repairs to individual buildings, streetscape enhancements and the further study of the town's unique heritage.
Northumberland & North Tyneside Trader Register
The Northumberland and North Tyneside Trader Register has been set up by Trading Standards in order to help residents find local home improvement tradespeople with the reassurance that the traders have committed to providing a high level of customer service and compliance with consumer protection legislation.